Parkside is proud to offer Telehealth services including assessment for inpatient care, family therapy for inpatients whose families are located at least 60 miles from our campus and outpatient services as individually arranged.TeleHealth offers patients several advantages over traditional, in-office care.
- No wait times – Services are scheduled at absolute times.
- Convenience – Patients can receive high-quality care without long distance travel or being limited to their community mental health clinic. The patient’s family and support system also benefit from local care delivery instead of traveling.
- Cost to patient – The costs for Telehealth visits are similar to traditional office visits and usually covered by medical insurance.
How it works
For a TeleHealth appointment, services are scheduled and a telehealth invitation sent by email along with simple instructions and any necessary forms. Patients can make any necessary co-payments or patient responsibility payments using credit card or paypal and the portal located on this page. Click the link in the invitation and the session can be engaged. They then connect with our provider with the patient via Zoom Telehealth, which provides for encryption and a safe, confidential session. Patients can ask questions and interact, just as they would in a traditional clinic appointment. The patient documentation appears in electronic health record just as if you were present in Parkside’s hospital or clinic. Each appointment is billable as a clinic visit. Technology used in these Telehealth appointments is HIPAA compliant and easy to use. For more information about our Telehealth services, you can call 918-588-8888.
You must complete the Informed Consent form below prior to any telehealth session.
Telehealth Informed Consent
I, the undersigned patient, both personally or through the person legally empowered to sign this consent and obligate me as herein contemplated, request and authorize Parkside, Inc., its employees, agents, affiliates (jointly and separately), and physicians to provide assessment and recommendation for care and treatment, as deemed necessary by the admitting physician and such other physician, assistants, students, or volunteers as s/he may designate. I summarily request and authorize Parkside, Inc. and physician(s) to administer any treatment and perform such other actions as the physician may deem necessary or advisable in the diagnosis and treatment of my illness. If indicated or requested, and with proper written consent, testing for communicable diseases will be performed on physician order. I am aware that the practice of medicine is not an exact science and acknowledge that no warranty, guarantee or assurance has been made thereto by hospital and/or physician as to the result of treatments, examinations or otherwise that may be obtained.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION: Parkside, Inc. will honor and respect my protected health information rights according to state and federal laws and the Notice of Privacy Practices. I understand that my medical records and billing information are made and retained by Parkside, Inc. and are accessible to hospital personnel and medical staff. Hospital personnel and physicians in attendance may use and disclose medical information for hospital operations and functions to any other physician or health care personnel involved in my continuum of care for this admission. Safeguards are in place to discourage improper access. Parkside, Inc. and its medical staff are authorized to disclose all or part of my medical record to any insurance provider who is or may become involved with my care. Oklahoma law requires that Parkside, Inc. advise you that the information authorized for disclosure may include information which may be considered a communicable or venereal disease, including, but not limited to, Hepatitis, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Communicable diseases will be released to health authorities as required by law.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: 1. As consideration for the services provided me, payment is guaranteed for any amount due for such services provided by Parkside, Inc. Hospital charges for services and goods shall be at Parkside, Inc.’s billed charges rates unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Parkside, Inc. Amounts estimated or known to be payable by me become due and payable at the time of discharge including, but not limited to, health insurance deductible and coinsurance amount(s). 2. I understand that Parkside, Inc. will assist with insurance precertification requirements which are the responsibility of the policyholder and/or physician, but will not assume responsibility for precertification or any impact which it may have on insurance payment. I understand that any requirement for completion of insurance precertification is the responsibility of the policyholder. 3. I agree that insurance benefits for Parkside, Inc. charges payable to the insured are to be made payable to Parkside, Inc. and that physician benefits otherwise payable to the insured are to be made payable to the physician(s) responsible for my care. I understand that I am responsible for any charges not covered by this assignment. Any payment received for this period may be applied to any unpaid bills for which I am liable, subject to the rules of coordination of benefits.
TELEHEALTH ENCOUNTERS INFORMED CONSENT: Telehealth involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of providing patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following: patient medical records, live two-way audio and video communication. Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption. Records of the telehealth encounter will be entered into Parkside’s electronic medical record keeping system and are available from Parkside’s Health Information Management department in accord with regular medical records policy. Expected Benefits: improved access to care, decreased need for travel, more efficient evaluation, obtaining the expertise of a specialist. Possible Risks: telehealth encounter failure due to equipment or connection failure, in very rare instances, security protocols could fail or partially fail causing a possible breach of personal health information. Upon providing your electronic signature, You acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my written consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand the alternatives to telemedicine consultation.
- I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that portions of my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my healthcare provider and consulting healthcare provider in order to operate the video equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. Health care information transmitted is documented and retained as medical records and is available to the patient. Dissemination to other entities or persons external to the patient practitioner relationship shall not occur without written consent of the patient. Parkside maintains no video or recordings of the telehealth encounter.
CERTIFICATION: I hereby certify that I have read the contents of this form and have had the opportunity to ask any questions and obtain explanations to my satisfaction. I certify that I understand its content and significance. I further certify that all information requested during my evaluation is correct to the best of my knowledge. False information or information withheld could result in transfer or discharge. My electronic signature acknowledges I have read this document carefully and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein.