By Your Side Run
2019 BY YOUR SIDE RUN
SAVE THE DATE - April 25, 2020 - Mohawk Park - Tulsa, OK
Check out the By Your Side Run facebook please click here. You can invite your running friends, keep up with news and check out the official run photo albums from past events.
This Run is going to the dogs -- literally!
Bring your most loyal canine companion to our dog-friendly By Your Side 5K and Fun Run. Professional runners, families, and dog lovers will all find something to enjoy at our ninth annual event.
- Professional USATF-certified 5K Race Course, Sanctioned Event & Award for Top Three by Age Groups.
- The 1 Mile Dog Walk & Fun Run for Families, Kids, and Dogs of All Ages.
- Costume Contest for Dogs & Owners.
- Participation Medal for All Dogs.
- No Dog? No problem. Plenty of Amenities for People, Too.
- Live Music and Kid's Activities.
- 5K Registrants: Tech T-Shirts Available for First 150 Registrants and Then Cotton T-Shirts While They Last.
When: April 25, 2020 @ 9:00 A.M.
Where: Mohawk Park (5701 E. 36th Street North) Tulsa, OK
Link to Registration: https://runsignup.com/byyoursiderun2020
Parkside’s By Your Side Run promotes physical fitness while raising funds for the By Your Side program benefiting Parkside’s clients and their families. The event features a 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Dog Walk. The dogs have been a great addition to the event and in past years, Parkside even brought out some of our pet therapy animals to participate.
Since 1959, Parkside has been by your side providing quality mental health services with excellence and compassion. In addition to Parkside's comprehensive psychiatric services, Parkside also delivers a number of other services that further overall health and well being through the By Your Side program.
This program allows clients in need to receive at no cost:
- Non –perishable food and personal hygiene items for themselves and family members.
- Clothing for themselves and family members.
- Transportation assistance through bus tokens and taxi vouchers for those without other means of transportation to and from Parkside.
- Books to encourage reading and feed active minds!
Mohawk Park Shelter #3
On-line click here: Parkside's By Your Side Run 2020 - Online Registration
T-shirts are limited in both sizes and quantities, we can not guarantee size of first choice.
5K runners should check in upon arrival at Mohawk Park and pick up your bib and timing chip.
Packet Pick up: At the race. Advance pick up at Parkside.
We are ramping up for a great event and we promise other fun and activities in addition to the running events.
Some By Your Side Run Features:
- Popular Tulsa Race Course with no hills and chip timed for competitive runners - USATF SANCTIONED EVENT.
- Strollers are welcome in this family friendly run
- LIVE MUSIC
- Free "tech" shirts for the first 150 registered in the 5K. Event logo cotton t-shirts for all others while supplies last.
- Awards for the 5K: Male & Female Overall and first three in standard age groups.
More fun is planned and 100% of the proceeds from this volunteer staffed event go to fund the food pantry!
By Your Side Run Sponsorships Available Now!
If you would like to add your logo to the list of our sponsors, please click here for additional information about sponsorship opportunities.
Also supporting the 2020 By Your Side Run:
- Runner's World Tulsa
- TATUR Racing
About the weather:
While we realize that each of the By Your Side run participants has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal for the event staff is to ensure a safe and fun event for everyone. Therefore, the race staff will make decisions about the race cancellations/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved - this includes the participants, the volunteers, the spectators and pets. The race staff reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary due to potentially hazardous conditions. It is the intent of the race staff to host a rain or shine event, however potentially hazardous conditions including thunderstorms, wind, hail or lightning may force cancellation. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. Race staff will be on site and you can visit about weather considerations with them. Please watch weather conditions yourself and make informed decisions.